My Chicken Puttanesca dish is full of flavor and super easy to throw together. This recipe requires very little prep and most of the cooking time is in the oven. I like to use a Le Creuset braiser so this is a one dish meal with minimal clean up required. If you don’t have a braiser, you can easily brown the chicken in a skillet and transfer the sauce and chicken to a oven safe baking dish. This has become a favorite in my house and I hope you give it a try. I’d love to hear your feedback in the comments if you do try it.
Created by Kimberly Smith
Prep time 5 minutes
Cook time 45 minutes
• 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 2 T ghee or olive oil
• 1 jar Cucina Antica nonna’s recipe pasta sauce
• 1 C water
• 1 12 ou jar sliced roasted red peppers, drained
• 1 12 ou jar kalamata olives, drained and rinsed
• ¼ C capers, drained and rinsed
• 10 cloves of garlic
• 1 lemon, zested
• ½ t fresh thyme
• Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet or braising dish, heat ghee over medium high heat.
- Pat chicken dry and sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
Once the skillet is nice and hot, add chicken to the skillet and cook until browned (about 4-5 minutes). Flip and cook 1 minute (do not brown the 2nd side of the chicken). Remove chicken from the skillet and set aside on a plate.
- Add roasted red peppers to the skillet, along with the pasta sauce, water, kalamata olives, capers, garlic, lemon zest and thyme. Stir. Cook until the sauce comes to a boil. If you are using an oven safe skillet or braising dish, add chicken and juices back to the sauce and cover. Otherwise, transfer sauce to an oven safe dish and add chicken and juices to the sauce and cover. Place dish in the oven and cook for 30-35 minutes. Remove and serve with your favorite side vegetable.
• I like to use a Le Creuset braiser for this dish for an easy one dish meal that transfers perfectly from stovetop to oven.
• Patting the chicken dry before you season the chicken will help get the chicken nice and brown.
• When you put the chicken back, in the sauce, place the browned side up for nicer presentation.
Whole30, Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Main Dish