When I originally received my shipment from Greensbury Market, I intended on using the cod for a Whole30 version of Fish and Chips. That is still on my list of recipes to create, but I was craving fish tacos and had the ingredients I needed to create this Whole30 version. This took me less than 15 minutes to make and was a perfect weeknight meal. If you have not tried fruit on your fish tacos, do not be afraid. You will love it! If nectarines are not available or in season, use a mango.
PS…You may need extra napkins when eating your lettuce wrap tacos, this may get messy.
Lettuce Wrap Fish Tacos
Prep time: about 5 minutes
Cook time: about 5-6 minutes
• 2 6-ounce cod filet
• Your favorite taco seasoning, I used Siete taco seasoning
• 2 T light olive oil or avocado oil
• 8 pieces of romaine
• Shredded carrots
• Shredded purple cabbage
• 1 nectarine, diced
• 1 avocado, sliced
• Your favorite salsa
• 1 lime, cut in quarters
• 1 jalapeno, sliced
- Prep your romaine, and other fruit and veggies.
- Cut fish into strips and season with taco seasoning.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Place fish in hot pan and cook for about 1-2 minutes per side, until fish starts to brown and become flaky.
- To create tacos, I used 2 pieces of romaine for each taco, placed carrots, cabbage, avocado, and nectarine inside the romaine taco shells, then added the fish, salsa, and jalapenos. Squeeze a little lime on top.
Whole30, Paleo, Keto, Low Carb, Dairy Free, Gluten Free