Usually if I’m going to have a dessert, it’s going to involve chocolate. This however, may be my new favorite. It is so refreshing on a hot summer day. Try this ice cream with grilled peaches and granola(Paleonola for Paleo version), or with blueberries and honey roasted almonds. Yummmmmy!
Honey Lavender Ice Cream
Created by Kimberly Smith
2 cans of full fat coconut milk
1 T dried lavender
1 whole vanilla bean
¾ C light colored honey
1/8 t salt
• In a medium size sauce pan, add coconut milk, dried lavender, whole vanilla bean, honey, and salt.
• Turn heat to medium and stir.
• Heat until the mixture begins to lightly boil.
• Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
• Let mixture cool for 5 minutes, then strain mixture into a bowl.
Cover bowl and place in the refrigerator. Let the ice cream mixture cool for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
• Transfer mixture to an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
• Serve immediately or place ice cream in container and place in the freezer.
You must be logged in to post a comment.