Chicken Kebabs are a family favorite. We use this recipe quite often during the grilling season. I finally got around to writing down the recipe. This is on our Easter menu so now is the perfect time to share it. I prefer to marinate the chicken for 24 to 48 hours, but even after a few hours, this chicken is tender and delicious. The nice thing about making this in advance, is that if you are having people over it is one less thing to do the day you are entertaining. It also makes for an easy weeknight meal.
Lemon Herb Chicken Kebabs
Created by Kimberly Smith
• 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin slices
• ½ C Olive Oil
• 1 lemon, juiced
• 1 t garlic powder
• 1 t sumac
• 1 t dried oregano
• 1 t ground black pepper
• ½ t salt
• ½ t dried thyme
• ½ t onion powder
1. In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon juice, and the seasonings. Stir to combine.
2. In a shallow dish or Ziploc bag, place the chicken and marinade. Coat the chicken.
3. Cover dish or seal Ziploc bag and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, however, it is best if refrigerated for 24-48 hours.
4. When you are ready to cook the chicken, remove from the refrigerator.
5. Place chicken on skewers.
6. Heat grill pan or grill to medium high heat.
7. Cook 3-4 minutes per side until cooked through.
Whole30, Paleo, Keto, Low Carb, Dairy Free, Nut Free, Gluten Free