Taco salad is one of our family favorites. We often use ground chicken or beef to make taco salad depending on what we have on hand. You can get great ground meet from Greensbury Market, check them out. This took me less than 15 minutes to make and was a perfect weeknight meal. I always like to make extra to have throughout the week for lunches, another dinner, or even switch it up and use the taco meat to make a breakfast scramble.
I love the crunch from the pumpkin seeds. If you want an alternative to tortilla chips, this is a great option.
Prep time: about 5 minutes
Cook time: about 10 minutes
• 1 pound ground beef
• Your favorite taco seasoning, I used Siete taco seasoning
• 2 T light olive oil or avocado oil
• 1 large bag of salad mix
• 1 pint cherry tomatoes
• 1 avocado, sliced or cubed
• 2 limes, cut in quarters
• 4 T roasted and salted pumpkin seeds
• Your favorite salsa
• Cilantro, chopped, optional
• 1 jalapeno, sliced, optional
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add ground beef and cook through.
- Add seasoning and cook for 2 more minutes, add up to 1/2 cup water if there is no oil left in the pan.
- In a bowl, build your salad.
- Layer salad mix, cherry tomatoes, taco meat, pumpkin seeds, avocado and salsa.
- Optional: Top with lime, cilantro, and jalapenos.
Whole30, Paleo, Keto, Low Carb, Dairy Free, Gluten Free