With cooler weather on the horizon, I am totally craving sweet potatoes and everything that comes with fall. I really love adding cinnamon to my roasted sweet potatoes and I decided why not add some apples too. This combo is pretty fantastic and is a great side for any meal. In fact, I’m thinking it would be a great addition to our Thanksgiving dinner! Too early to be thinking about Thanksgiving dinner ideas? I mean there is already Christmas stuff at Costco. Anyone else already thinking about what’s going on the Thanksgiving menu this year?
Anyways, I love simple recipes and this one is pretty simple. I hope you give it a try. If you do, let me know what you think.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Apples
2 sweet potatoes, chopped into ½ inch cubes
2 apples, peeled and chopped into ½ inch cubes
3 T olive oil, coconut oil, or avocado oil
½ t cinnamon
½ t salt
½ t pepper
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees
• Line baking sheet with parchment paper
• Place the chopped sweet potatoes and apples on the parchment paper
• Drizzle with oil, cinnamon, salt and pepper
• Mix the sweet potatoes and apples to get them evenly coated
• Bake for 25-35 minutes until slightly browned around the edges
Whole30, Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Side Dish